Ministry of Justice
Skills College UK has been supporting the Ministry of Justice in reducing re-offending via education since 2016. Skills College UK support a large portion of the North West prisons in the delivery of several qualifications and programmes to support the prisoners in securing employment when released or, in some cases, when transferred to Open Prisons.
Skills College UK is an approved supplier of education and training for the Ministry of Justice via the Prison Education Dynamic Purchasing System.
At present, Skills College UK deliver the following programmes in Establishments throughout the UK:
Recognised licenses and tickets
- Railway: Personal Track Safety, Track Induction Course, OLEC 1, PPE, DCCR and ICI
- Construction: CSCS and Temporary Traffic Management (Highways)
- Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction Environment
- Level 1 Certificate Introduction to Construction
- Level 2 Certificate Personal Development and Employability
- Level 2 NVQ in Rail Engineering and Track Maintenance
- Level 2 Certificate Fitness Instructing – Gym Based Exercise
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology – Railway Maintenance
Jewade Graham, HMP Kirkham.
Why Skills College UK and this qualification?
I was first introduced to Skills College UK while I was in HMP Kirkham, looking to give myself some focus in preparation for my release. I was aware of Skills College UK and their good reputation in the prison for delivering quality and good courses.
I have always had a passion for fitness and weight training and thought it would be a good idea to complete a course that would give me the knowledge and skills to conduct myself professionally within the industry and start servicing clients.
I found out that they were running a Level 3 Personal Trainer course that followed on from the Level 2 Gym Instructor course they also ran for those that needed a foundation before Level 3. This would give me the opportunity to change the direction of my life so far.
After successfully completing the Personal Trainer Level 3 course Skills College UK gave me the chance to take my knowledge further by facilitating a GP Referral Level 3 qualification. This would allow me to develop my knowledge to be able to deal with more specialist populations with varying health conditions.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH